Monday, September 21, 2009

Frugal, Fun, and EASY Wall Art!


These cute wall hanging are a quick and easy cover for a wall in any room. Would you believe that just a couple of months ago, these were hanging in my lavendar-colored dining room? And that they actually matched?

To make these beauties, I used an 8" x 8" canvas from the local arts and crafts store. I centered the canvas, face down, on a piece of 12" x 12" scrapbooking paper. I then "wrapped" the canvas, making my corners like I do when I wrap a square gift, and taped them down on the back. I added a light-weight picture hook and viola! Easy, quick and affordable - I think I paid about $2 for each hanging.

The great thing is that these can change so easily as your decor changes! Just take off the old paper and cover with the new!

Homemade by Jill has a great post here about how you can make beautiful wall hangings easily and affordably! To make hers, you'll need painters' canvas, Mod Podge, a picture hook, and some tissue paper. I've heard you can use wrapping paper and fabric to make these as well. I'm thinking that fabric will be the way to go for the ones that I want to hang in our bathroom.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The Domestic Contessa Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon