Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Crafting Away Today: Fleece Blankets



Be keeping your eyes out for some great sales on fleece. Right before Christmas, last year, JoAnn's had all their fleece on sale for just $2.99 a yard! All of the fleece - even the patterned bolts! I'm really hoping they do this again.

If you can get it at a good price, tying fleece blankets is a great frugal gift idea. They're easy to personalize by choosing fleece patterns that fit the person on your list. You can make them any size you like - I made a HUGE one for my honey that is fun for two to snuggle under! I also made two small ones for our two little ones. They love to cuddle up with these warm, soft blankets.
And the best part of all is - these make up in a snap! I've made a whole blanket while watching a movie!

A Big Cup of Tea has a great picture tutorial here.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The Domestic Contessa Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon