Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Encouraging Words: Don't fret!


Windy Acres Cottage posted the following quote and I thought it an encouraging one to share.

"Don't waste life in doubts and fears; spend yourself on the work before you, well assured that the right performance of this hour's duties will be the best preparation for the hours and ages that will follow it."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

The future for us, right now, seems pretty vague. We don't know how long we'll be in the house that we're in, we don't know what my husband's future job will be, we don't have any idea what part of the country we'll be in at this time next year or even in six months!

It's easy to wonder and get stressed about the unknown future, but this quote is a great reminder to just focus on what there is to do today. How can I best do what I know is before me today?

God has the future in His hands - and He has given me just today's work to do. When I look at my to-do list, it definitely seems more than enough!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The Domestic Contessa Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon