Tuesday, November 10, 2009

How do I stop picking up ALL the time?

The house that we have moved into is quite a bit larger than the one we were in before. This past week, I have felt like I am constantly picking up little kiddo toys and items and walking from one end of the house to the other to put them away. I started thinking that really had to change - the house was always feeling messy and I didn't see how I was ever going to get it straightened. It was getting tiring already walking from one end of the house to other and in and out one room after another - what was it going to feel like in the months to come?

So, I'm doing a little experiment. I found an empty Rubbermaid tote and have put it in an inconspicuous place under the sofa table. As I find things out here in the living area that belong in the bedrooms, I'm going to throw them in the tote. If, during the day, some little person decides they want to play with those items again, they're right there in the tote. If I'm heading down to the bedroom area, I'll grab the tote and take it with me, put the items in it away, and bring it back out to the living area when I'm done.

Hopefully, this helps with keeping the place picked up without me running myself ragged! If the idea works, I may invest to upgrade to a basket or something more attractive than my plastic bin.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The Domestic Contessa Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon