Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Recipe of the Day: Dairy-Free AMAZING Chocolate Chunk Cake



With our Baby Girl having milk and soy intolerances, I have been hard pressed to find some CHOCOLATE that I can eat. There are very few chocolates or chocolate cakes or cookies or, obviously, ice creams, that do not contain some form of dairy. I was VERY excited when a friend shared this recipe with me.

This cake is so good that no one who has tried it, even those not on a special diet, can tell anything is different. It's very moist and rich. AND it's super easy to make. Easy chocolate is definitely right up my alley.

Note: Make sure you pay attention to the name brands of the ingredients I've used. I would recommend always double-checking labels, as well, just in case the company changed their recipe.

Courtney's Fabulous Chocolate Chocolate Cake

3 large eggs

1 lg. box instant chocolate pudding (Jello)

1 box Devil's Food cake mix (Duncan Hines)

1/2 c. vegetable oil

1/2 c. water

12 oz. bag chocolate chips (Ghirardelli semi-sweet)


Mix together all ingredients except chocolate chips. Stir in the chips after everything else is well-blended. Bake in greased bundt pan @ 325 degrees for 55-60 minutes. Test for doneness with toothpick. Cool for 10 minutes before transfer to cool completely. I like to sprinkle powdered sugar on top after the cake is cool.

3 comments:

Lynnea on November 11, 2009 at 7:17 PM said...

This cake was yummy! Glad you can have this treat every now and then...now if we could only find a recipe for one that is calorie-free!
XO

SnoWhite on November 11, 2009 at 8:03 PM said...

looks great -- I have food allergies too, so I understand how challenging it can be.

Anne on November 12, 2009 at 6:20 AM said...

I remember those days when I was nursing my little one, except he was also allergic to wheat, which further limited my options. I would buy bags of semi-sweet choc chips (Ghirardelli, like you mentioned, was one of the few I found that did not have any milk) and snack on them whenever I needed a chocolate fix... which was quite often since I was rather stressed out about the whole thing:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The Domestic Contessa Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon