Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Recipe of the Day - Crockpot Mashed Potatoes


Like I've said before (here and here), I love my crockpot. In thinking ahead to the big Thanksgiving meal, I was trying to figure out ways to make the preparation of the meal easier. Having two little ones under-foot, I need to make the process as quick and stream-lined as possible!

So, what do you think of making your mashed potatoes in the crockpot? A Year of Slow Cooking has a recipe here that looks really good!

Even if you don't make your mashed potatoes in the crockpot, adding cream cheese and sour cream to them is always a good idea. I add cheddar cheese to ours, too, which adds a really nice flavor and richness when it's all melted in. Definitely not the healthiest ideas but you can't scrimp on taste at Thanksgiving, right?

1 comments:

Allie Z on November 23, 2009 at 1:58 PM said...

Just popping over from the URS at lifeasmom.com :)

Bummer! Your posting with the bullet points above looks blank...

I'll have to check out Stephanie's mashed potatoes!

Allie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The Domestic Contessa Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon