Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A is for Autumn!


As you know, yesterday was the first day of Autumn! I love this time of year when the weather turns cool and crisp and the leaves start changing colors! I'm looking forward to sweatshirts and football and apple cider and pumpkins and ... well, I could keep going, but I think you get my point.
Since our theme this week's themes start with the letter A, I thought it perfect to incorporate Autumn into our lesson plans.

Today is a bright, sunny day so I plan to walk with the kiddos to the park. Along the way, we'll look for some leaves of different colors and Bubba can collect them in the paper bag that we'll bring. When we get home, I'll put his leaves between two pieces of wax paper, iron the paper under a towel, and hang his collage of leaves on the patio door. There's a great tutorial for making wax paper leaf presses here.

The rest of the week, he can see the light filter through the window around his leaves and it gives me a great platform to explain a bit about the seasons! I'll post a picture of our creation later this week.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The Domestic Contessa Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon